Nokia Software Senior DevOps Engineer
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
[Job offer number: 18000003G7]
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nokia is looking for DevOps Engineers for the Nokia Software division.
Nokia Software is responsible for extending Nokia’s network leadership into emerging software areas including Analytics, Security, Software Optimized Networking and Internet of Things.
Nokia Software DevOps is a newly formed team that is responsible for the Nokia Software Development Environment which includes tools, process, systems and infrastructure that allow us to scale the number of software engineers (developers and testers) working in Nokia Software on both platform and applications, all while maintaining high levels of code quality, and engineering productivity and enabling continuous integration at scale. The philosophy is that every engineer in Nokia Software should be able to quickly ship their own code whenever it’s ready (tested and integrated). We’re creating the infrastructure/environment that enables us to deploy multiple times a day while still guaranteeing the stability of our software/products.
- S or M.S in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years experience in a software development/operations role
- Solid hands-on experience in administering and migrating source control systems: GIT/Gerritt, ClearCase, SVN
- Extensive experience in source code merging between various branches and branching strategies according to multiple related-development projects.
- Experience with automation/configuration management, knowledge of configuration management tools, like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc; (preference for Ansible)
- Proficiency in administering different operating systems (Linux/Unix/Windows)
- Demonstrated expertise in adoption of cloud infrastructure/platforms
- Experience in building robust, sustainable and reusable automation frameworks
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo or an equivalent
- Extensive experience with as well as Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience of using tools to integrate best practices like static code analysis, automated unit tests and integration tests, code coverage analyzers, creation of sand‐box systems, etc.
- Experience bug tracking systems: Jira, BugZilla, etc (Jira a strong plus)
- Exposure to private cloud platforms like OpenStack
- Exposure to collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with Cloudband /Openstack. AWS, Softlayer, Google Compute Engine and other Cloud Computing services
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies like Docker/VirtualBox/VMWare
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English. Effective communicator.
- Proven record of working with cross functional teams facilitating efficient software build and delivery including work across multiple time zones and providing remote support for teams, including operational experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven record of performance and ability to work independently as well as in a team.
What are we looking for? You love challenging technical problems and you solve those problems by creating innovative and robust solutions. You actively look for ways to automate and simplify complex processes, think ahead to future needs as well as present, take pride in being thorough and detail-oriented, and function well in a fast-paced environment. You thoughtfully consider trade-offs in design when constructing software and applications.
You have a passion for solving complex problems. You believe in deeply understanding systems that you use. You are always looking to improve your craft. Minimum 7 years’ relevant development experience in C++ and/or Java, including deep understanding of cross platform build systems. You have proven track record of shipping high quality code and complex distributed applications at scale.
Strong knowledge of source control, build systems, test automation systems, continuous integration, gated check- in, and the software development and delivery process. You can write and debug scripts and systems. You should be very comfortable with continuous integration concepts and tools. You will be expected to participate in all aspects of the builds, integration, branching, merging, tools used and automation.
Proven ability to create reliable tools and systems that can be deployed to support a fast-moving development organization. You have strong bias towards automating and streamlining processes. You find joy in making automation faster, more reliable and easier to debug.
You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
Qualifications and Skills:
If you are interested in this job offer, send your CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for other opportunities?
Visit our career portal:
Careers in Poland
"Oświadczam, że wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb przyszłych procesów rekrutacji Nokia Solutions and Networks Sp. z o.o. z siedzibą w Warszawie przy ul. Domaniewskiej 39A (zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29.08.1997 r. o Ochronie Danych Osobowych, Dz. Ustaw nr 133 poz. 883 z późn. zm.)."
"I hereby authorize Nokia Solutions and Networks, located in Warsaw 02-672, ul. Domaniewska 39a, to process the attached personal information strictly for the purposes of job recruitment pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws (Dz.U.) No. 133, item 883)."Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates. Apply Now
- Working in a high-tech environment and with technologies of the future
- Being part of a stable organization and a strategic site for the company
- Getting a competitive compensation and benefit package with private medical care, additional life insurance, social fund benefits
- Getting trained and having learning and development opportunities
- Joining the company for a career not just for a job!
- competitive salary + bonuses
- medical care for you and your family
- flexible working time
- additional life insurance
- social fund
- sports card
- lunch card
- and more