Senior Optical Networks Integration Engineer
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
[Job offer number: 1800000DUN]
We offer an interesting challenge for network passionate, in multicultural environment, for the leading optical & IP networking, ultra-broadband access, and cloud technology company. We are an international team of transmission engineers, working in Poland with devices from diverse vendors as well as cooperating with teams from abroad. Team spirit, great and informal working atmosphere and openness for gaining new knowledge is something what describes us. The key purpose of this role is to carry out integration of new network elements, migration and transformation of transmission optical networks. The solutions will be based on Nokia transmission equipment.
- Configuration and integration of network components in NMS systems
- Provisioning new services on customer network in NMS systems
- Conducting and supporting HW/SW upgrades, performing health checks, backups, activations and first line troubleshooting
- Migration of live network services remotely or on site using management system
- Work remotely with customer NOC and field engineers to ensure physical elements are installed, error free and ready for service
- Work in laboratory environment remotely or on-site performing upgrade dry-runs and traffic testing
- Adherence to network security access policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years of telecom experience in optical products and technologies.
- Working knowledge of operations and/or maintenance, related to optical networks, with technical expertise in areas of DWDM, OTN, SDH technologies
- Integration, deployment or design knowledge of Nokia equipment: 1353AC, 1640FOX, 1650SMC, 1660SM, 1642EMC, 1626LM, 1850TSS, 1830PSS, ISA-ES cards.
- Knowledge of network management systems on operator level for 1353NM/1354RM/1350OMS/NFM-P
- Knowledge of optical network alarms, events and performance analysis.
- SDH protection schemes, MSP / SNCP / MS-SPRing.
- SDH clock synchronization.
- DCN configuration experience.
- Design knowledge in DWDM networks and 1830EPT will be a plus
- Knowledge of Carrier Ethernet and IP network solutions.
- GMRE/GMPLS will be a plus
- Experience in pre-acceptance and acceptance testing of the product or solution.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix/Virtual Machines will be a plus
- Vendors certifications.
- Able to work on own initiative
- Culturally adaptable and flexible
- Proactive attitude in a teamwork job
- Excellent communication attitudes
- capability to manage solid relationships with people of different culture
- Willing to learn
- Ready to work nightshifts
- Can travel for business, even at short notice
- Can work under pressure of time
- Can handle several tasks at the same time.
- Can work in front of customer
- accountable, diligent, calm,
- Very good English in the speaking and writing.
- French/Italian/German/Spanish minimum on intermediate level (one of them will be a plus).
If you are interested in this job offer, send your CV in English to: email@example.com
Looking for other opportunities?
Visit our career portal:
Careers in Poland
"Oświadczam, że wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb przyszłych procesów rekrutacji Nokia Solutions and Networks Sp. z o.o. z siedzibą w Warszawie przy ul. Domaniewskiej 39A (zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29.08.1997 r. o Ochronie Danych Osobowych, Dz. Ustaw nr 133 poz. 883 z późn. zm.)."
"I hereby authorize Nokia Solutions and Networks, located in Warsaw 02-672, ul. Domaniewska 39a, to process the attached personal information strictly for the purposes of job recruitment pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws (Dz.U.) No. 133, item 883)."Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates. Apply Now
Working in a high tech environment and with technologies of the future
- Being part of a sustainable organization and a strategic site for the company
- Getting a competitive compensation and benefit package with private medical care, additional life insurance, social fund benefits
- Easy to combine with your studies – telework and flexible working
- Getting trained and having learning and development opportunities
- Joining the company for a career not just for a job!
- competitive salary + bonuses
- medical care for you and your family
- flexible working time
- additional life insurance
- social fund
- sports card
- lunch card
- and more