Service Engineer – OSS Support Engineer
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
About the Job
The OSS / application integration engineer is responsible for designing and engineering of OSS solutions for mobile communication networks, with the goal to guarantee OSS availability on appropriate level
He/she participates in planning, preparation (design, test plans) and implementation of changes and new integrations including system upgrades and patching.
The OSS / application integration engineer cooperates with other MS Service Delivery and engineering team as well as technical support organizations and product vendors (internal and external).
• Leading the process of designing and implementation of changes and integration of new / existing OSS and Network Elements within telecommunication networks.
• Preparation and reviews of designs, methods of procedures (MOPs), test plans at the appropriate quality level.
• Maintaining inventory database, technical drawings, site documentation updates.
• Testing the procedures in the lab environment, providing inputs to change designers.
• Cooperation with service delivery teams in terms of incident, problem and change management.
• Act as technical expert to provide solutions as part of problem management process.
• Continuous improvement in process workflows, project management reporting
• Provide training / knowledge share to delivery teams on new integrations and functionalities delivered.
• Definition of backup/recovery procedures and preventive maintenance toward system administrator.
• System upgrade planning, coordination and on-site assistance, acceptance tests
• Participate in on-call duty service.
• Liaise with customers and/or vendors as point of contact at technical level.
• University degree in telecommunication, computer science or equivalent.
• At least 5 years system operation and/or Administration experience of IT or Telco multi-user systems running under Unix (Linux, Solaris) including good knowledge of mobile network technologies and services.
• Proven experience with architecture, design, testing, change implementation of high availability / clustered OSS / NMS systems based on Unix, Veritas or HP-UX clusters.
• Experience with designing backup/restore procedures/ scripts / tools including market available technologies.
• Experience in the multi vendor NMS systems such as: 5620 SAM, Huawei U2000 would be a plus.
• Practical knowledge of scripting (eg shell, Perl, Python)
• Oracle / Linux / Windows server and database administration know-how.
If you are interested in this job offer, send your CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for other opportunities?
Visit our career portal:
Careers in Poland
"Oświadczam, że wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb przyszłych procesów rekrutacji Nokia Solutions and Networks Sp. z o.o. z siedzibą w Warszawie przy ul. Domaniewskiej 39A (zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29.08.1997 r. o Ochronie Danych Osobowych, Dz. Ustaw nr 133 poz. 883 z późn. zm.)."
"I hereby authorize Nokia Solutions and Networks, located in Warsaw 02-672, ul. Domaniewska 39a, to process the attached personal information strictly for the purposes of job recruitment pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws (Dz.U.) No. 133, item 883)."Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates. Apply Now
- Working in a high tech environment and with technologies of the future
- Being part of a sustainable organization and a strategic site for the company
- Getting a competitive compensation and benefit package with private medical care, additional life insurance, social fund benefits
- Easy to combine with your studies – telework and flexible working
- Getting trained and having learning and development opportunities
- Joining the company for a career not just for a job!