Service Engineer Transmission
As a part of the GSD Europe organization, Global Service Delivery Bydgoszcz unit supports multiple technology domains and provides end-to-end service delivery for Managed Service projects around the globe.
The Service Engineer Transmission is responsible for real-time operations on various multi-technology, multi-service and multi-vendor cable or fiber networks for our key customer in Western Europe.
- Day to day technical L2 support for ongoing network incidents and changes, ensuring clear communication to all parties and acting as the control point for management escalation.
- Ensuring that networks are optimized and running at customer agreed performance (SLA’s and KPI’s).
- Participate in planning and implementation projects for successful integration and installation of new features and upgrades in the network and/or management systems.
- Executing predefined tasks and measures, to prevent potential issues in the network
- Defining and measuring proactive service improvements to ensure continues quality increase
- Produce and maintain agreed reports, procedures, training materials and other documentation.
- Liaise with customers and/or vendors as point of contact at senior technical level.
- Fluent written & spoken English is a must.
- University degree in telecommunication, IT science or equivalent.
- Deep knowledge about SDH, DWDM and OTN protocols, as well as telecom voice, transport and data technologies.
- Hands-on knowledge of telecom multi-vendor transport products and NMSs (Alcatel-Lucent, Marconi/Siemens, Huawei).
- 3+ years of technical experience in at least one of the following areas: maintenance, monitoring, designing, migrating, advanced field support.
- ITIL knowledge and ability to drive a small projects would be a strong advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work closely with external and internal teams.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Proactive and methodical approach.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Stress tolerance.
- Ability to prioritize and apply time management principles.
Key „Soft” Skills:
If you are interested in this job offer, send your CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for other opportunities?
Visit our career portal:
Careers in Poland
"Oświadczam, że wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb przyszłych procesów rekrutacji Nokia Solutions and Networks Sp. z o.o. z siedzibą w Warszawie przy ul. Domaniewskiej 39A (zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29.08.1997 r. o Ochronie Danych Osobowych, Dz. Ustaw nr 133 poz. 883 z późn. zm.)."
"I hereby authorize Nokia Solutions and Networks, located in Warsaw 02-672, ul. Domaniewska 39a, to process the attached personal information strictly for the purposes of job recruitment pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws (Dz.U.) No. 133, item 883)."Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates. Apply Now
- Working in a high tech environment and with technologies of the future
- Being part of a sustainable organization and a strategic site for the company
- Getting a competitive compensation and benefit package with private medical care, additional life insurance, social fund benefits
- Easy to combine with your studies – telework and flexible working
- Getting trained and having learning and development opportunities
- Joining the company for a career not just for a job!