Service Engineer Transmission
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
As a part of the GSD Europe organization, Global Service Delivery provides services and supports technology teams in delivering services for managed service projects.
The Service Engineer Transmission role is located in GDC Poland team which is responsible for operating various multi-technology, multi-service and multi-vendor networks support in real-time.
- Technical support for major network outages, ensuring clear communication to all parties, acting as the control point for management escalation.
- To ensure the networks are optimized and running at customer agreed performance targets.
- Participate in planning and implementation for successful integration and installation of new features and upgrades in the network and/or management systems.
- Training the Level1 front line on new features deployed in the network
- Produce and maintain quality standards and documents
- Liaise with customers and/or vendors as point of contact at senior technical level.
- Inspires others and drives multiple projects independently, requiring minimal supervision.
- Fluent written & spoken English is a must.
- University degree in telecommunication, IT science or equivalent.
- Deep knowledge about SDH, DWDM, OTN, Ethernet and IP protocols
- 3+ years technical experience in at least one of the following areas: maintenance, monitoring, designing, exploitation of telecom or IT networks.
- Knowledge of telecom voice, transport, data technologies, HP-UX, Solaris and/or Linux RedHat server systems would be a plus.
- Hands-on knowledge of telecom multi-vendor transport products (Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Ciena, Nortel, Marconi, Siemens, Huawei, etc.)
- Working experience in the operational field such as network surveillance & maintenance would be a strong advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work closely with external and internal teams.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Proactive and methodical approach.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Stress tolerance.
- Ability to prioritize and apply time management principles.
Key „Soft” Skills:
If you are interested in this job offer, send your CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for other opportunities?
Visit our career portal:
Careers in Poland
"Oświadczam, że wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb przyszłych procesów rekrutacji Nokia Solutions and Networks Sp. z o.o. z siedzibą w Warszawie przy ul. Domaniewskiej 39A (zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29.08.1997 r. o Ochronie Danych Osobowych, Dz. Ustaw nr 133 poz. 883 z późn. zm.)."
"I hereby authorize Nokia Solutions and Networks, located in Warsaw 02-672, ul. Domaniewska 39a, to process the attached personal information strictly for the purposes of job recruitment pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws (Dz.U.) No. 133, item 883)."Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates. Apply Now
- Working in a high tech environment and with technologies of the future
- Being part of a sustainable organization and a strategic site for the company
- Getting a competitive compensation and benefit package with private medical care, additional life insurance, social fund benefits
- Easy to combine with your studies – telework and flexible working
- Getting trained and having learning and development opportunities
- Joining the company for a career not just for a job!