vLab Solution Support Engineer
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
vLAB Support Engineer
Nokia is looking for a vLab Support Engineer for the Applications and Analytics Division.
The A&A division is responsible for extending Nokia’s network leadership into emerging software areas including Analytics, Security, Software Optimized Networking and Internet of Things.
Engineers are needed to operate and evolve the vLab / Cloud Infrastructure Environment in the Applications & Analytics (A&A) Business Group.
The vLab organization in Applications & Analytics is responsible for building, maintaining and evolving the cloud-based common infrastructure required to enable the strategic products to be delivered on a common software platform. vLab provides: A&A common platform (CP) lab resources to the A&A community for testing of virtualized applications, standardization & commonality across business units and operational efficiencies across the DevOps tools, systems and infrastructure.
The vLab support engineer will be responsible for configuration, administration of networks and cloud systems dedicated for the A&A software development community – that will include monitoring of network systems and resources in laboratories, support for growth and integration of cloud infrastructures. The range of duties will include also appropriate preparation and implementation of security controls for laboratory environments.
- Layer2/Layer3 Data Networking (IPv4/IPv6)
- WAN solutions and technologies (BGP/IS-IS/OSPF/MC-LAG)
- Software networks based on Linux (OVS)
- Knowledge of SDN platforms (VMware NSX / Nuage VSP) (a plus)
- Good understanding of Cloud Computing and OpenStack Platform
- Linux Admin & Configuration (highly desirable)
- Experience with Linux systems security
- Scripting experience
- Good communications and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving, negotiation skills
- Ambition to identify and implement improvements, procedures & documentation to support a continuous improvement environment
- Ability to work with a global team
- Bachelor / Master’s in Computer
- Language skills: English
As the job position requires computing systems and network administrator expertise, the candidate must possess in-depth and comprehensive knowledge in the following technologies, including technical experience:
Additional highly desired skills and competencies include:
Specific additional information:
If you are interested in this job offer, send your CV in English to: email@example.com
Looking for other opportunities?
Visit our career portal:
Careers in Poland
"Oświadczam, że wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb przyszłych procesów rekrutacji Nokia Solutions and Networks Sp. z o.o. z siedzibą w Warszawie przy ul. Domaniewskiej 39A (zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29.08.1997 r. o Ochronie Danych Osobowych, Dz. Ustaw nr 133 poz. 883 z późn. zm.)."
"I hereby authorize Nokia Solutions and Networks, located in Warsaw 02-672, ul. Domaniewska 39a, to process the attached personal information strictly for the purposes of job recruitment pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws (Dz.U.) No. 133, item 883)."Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates. Apply Now
• Working in a high tech environment and with technologies of the future
• Being part of a sustainable organization and a strategic site for the company
• Getting a competitive compensation and benefit package with private medical care, additional life insurance, social fund benefits
• Easy to combine with your studies – telework and flexible working
• Getting trained and having learning and development opportunities
• Joining the company for a career not just for a job!