General Purpose of the Role/Job Position Summary Description:
Nokia Software Core Engineering / Signalling and Media R&D team is seeking for SBC Systems Engineer in order to address growing business needs of Nokia Session Border Controller (SBC) product. This has to be supported by rapid product evolution and transition to cloud native product architecture.
Therefore, we require a System Engineer to join our R&D organization. The candidate(s) in this role will be required to work with R&D members (CTO, other systems engineers/architects, software engineers) as well as product line managers (PLMs) and customer support teams to define, design and deliver cloud native SBC product into both Carrier and Enterprise Markets.
- Definition of a new product feature requirements to respond to new product evolution needs
- Cooperation with Product Manager, Product Architect, Systems Engineers, CTO and Development Teams on defining product roadmap, feature / requirements definitions and backlog prioritization
- Identification of product gaps and weaknesses toward standards & competition, addressing them into enhancements/ roadmap
- Supporting design, implementation, test, sales and maintenance of product with the relevant teams
- Documenting and presenting product capabilities internally and externally (documentation/ publications and presentations)
- Cross-sharing technology & product knowledge among various project team members
- Representing R&D internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is minimum required. Candidate´s with degree in computer science and / or telecom will be more relevant. Master’s degree is a plus.
- At least 6-8 years of professional experience including systems engineering
- Previous experience in software design, software development and/or testing in an R&D organization
- Very good knowledge of Session Border Controller product(s) (both control and media plane), their functions and components,
- Very good understanding of cloud, cloud native principles, microservices
- In-depth knowledge of IMS architecture and SBC applicable use cases
- In-depth knowledge in VoIP and VoLTE architecture, entities, use cases
- 3GPP and IETF standards knowledge applicable to SBC signaling & media services and networking
- Experience and strong knowledge in SIP, H.248, Lawful Interception, Diameter, MSRP, RTP, RTCP, UDPTL, DTLS, SIGTRAN, SIPREC, transcoding (audio, fax, video) including TrFO, MOS, DSP
- Data analytics skills, understanding of Machine Learning technologies & methods would be a plus.
- English as working language
Desired Qualifications/Competencies: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Good knowledge of overload control, capacity and system performance aspects
- Experience with VMware, Openstack, AWS, Azure clouds, Software Defined Networking, Kubernetes