The key purpose of the role is to carry out integration, transformation, upgrades, provisioning and troubleshooting of transmission Network Elements and provide expert technical support to project team during project preparations and execution. Acts as subject matter expert in ON domain, working with Nokia PM/TPMs/Design teams/NPI teams to ensure successful project delivery. The solutions will be based on Nokia transmission equipment.
- Supporting HW/SW upgrades, performing backups, troubleshooting.
- Migration of live network services remotely or on-site using management system.
- Work with field engineers to ensure configuration is installed, error free and ready for testing.
- Method of procedure’s and Work Instructions development according to Service Engineering Standards during PREPARATION phase of the project.
- Drive all the activities needed to define new service during PREPARATION phase of the project.
- Cooperation with Process Engineer regarding process definition for new projects.
- Work with NSDC Front Door team to review effort estimations, scope of works, technical risks associated in delivery of ON projects.
- Contribute in improvement initiatives, issues handling, technical knowledge sharing.
- Liaise with product units on issues found and product roadmaps.
- Attend important projects technical activates (PoC, FOA and rollout kick off).
- Conduct NSDC internal technical calls.
- Produce customer project related technical process documentation, procedures and presentations.
- Work in laboratory environment remotely or on-site performing upgrade dry-runs and traffic testing.
- Ensure that Nokia information security practices are followed in accordance with established policies and procedures of the organization.
- Minimum of 5 years of telecom project experience.
- Working Knowledge of operations, maintenance, deployment and/or integration activities related to complex optical networks, with technical expertise in areas of DWDM, TDM, PTN, SDH, PDH, Carrier Ethernet and IP services.
- Knowledge of DWDM, SDH network alarm, event and performance analysis.
- Good O&M and integration knowledge of Nokia 1640FOX, 1646, 1650SMC, 1660SM, 1662, 1642EMC, 1678MCC, 1696, 1830PSS, 1850TSS, ISA-ES cards.
- Expert knowledge in at least one transmission product as per above.
- Knowledge of transmission equipment of others vendor’s then Nokia is in plus.
- In laboratory or customer environment, can perform and setup pre-acceptance and acceptance testing of the product or solution.
- SDH protection schemes, MSP / SNCP / MS-SPRing.
- SDH synchronization experience.
- DCN configuration experience.
- Knowledge of network management systems on operator level for 1353NM/1354RM/SAM/1350OMS/NFM-T (admin level knowledge is in plus).
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Willingness to work nightshifts, weekends and flexibility for different time zones from time to time.
- Ability to perform to a consistently high level under pressure.
- Willingness to work in a virtual and international team environment.
- Ability to manage work autonomously, analytical thinking, taking own initiative.
- Good English in the speak and writing.