Our IP/Optical Networks business group (ION) includes IP, optical and network automation technologies and related services sold to our communication service provider customers as well as adjacent markets including webscale companies and enterprises. Our comprehensive wide area networking (WAN) solutions enable our customers to build and operate automated, secure, and high-performance networks at massive scale – helping to interconnect people and things from any broadband access modality to – and among – edge clouds, central clouds, the Internet, and other services and data centers.
Senior Networks Transformation Architect is responsible for developing network transformation solution and producing related documentation according to customer requirements and legacy and target network topologies. acts as subject matter expert in IP/MPLS domain in all parts of the solution – access, aggregation, core, working with NOKIA ION teams to ensure successful project delivery.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Analyze customers technical & business needs, define migration requirements.
- Work closely with the client to establish network migration plans and priorities.
- Develop and document migration strategy, including technical and tooling solutions.
- Develop migration tests strategy, lead migration POC, FOA and other solution verification activities.
- Lead capability build activities of migration projects.
- Lead handover of migration project to BAU delivery team.
- Act as SME during BAU execution. Lead issues solving processes.
- Cooperate with ION, ION SBU organization (CD,CE NTP, Design) during the migration project lifecycle as defined in RACI.
- Work closely with IP technical support teams (TAC, R&D, Design).
- Liaise with product units on issues found and product roadmaps.
- Work with NSDC Front Door team to review effort estimations, scope of works, technical risks associated in delivery of IP routing projects.
- Collaborate with pre-sales teams to develop technical proposals and effort estimates.
- Produce customer project related presentations.
- Lead improvement initiatives covering migration processes, strategies and tools.
- Investigate/research/ market trends, networks technology changes/direction and incorporate them in NSDC migration solutions.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant telecom experience in IP/MPLS domain – work with SP providing mobile and enterprise services
- Expert-level knowledge and experience in preparing and executing large and complex network transformation projects
- In-depth technical expertise in IP technical solutions – IPV4, IPV6, routing and switching, ipmpls, services l2 vpn, l3 vpn , vll , qos, multicast, BNG, CGNAT, redundancy
- Strong hands-on experience in configuring routers/switches with Command Line Interface , Nokia, Cisco, Juniper
- Nokia SRA or equivalent other vendors’ certificate (Cisco CCIE, Juniper JNCIE)
- Practical Knowledge of 2g,3g,4g networks setups and core components, interfaces and connectivity
- Good practical knowledge of Nokia NMS (NE integration, SW upload & upgrade, backups) alarm monitoring and interpretation
- Phyton or other scripting language working experience will be a plus
- Virtual routers technologies, SDN in SP environment working experience will be a plus
- Able to work on own initiative
- Methodical, accountable, diligent, calm,
- Ability to assimilate quickly and act decisively
- Proactive attitude in a teamwork job
- Able to think “out of box”
- Excellent communication attitudes and ability to build solid relationships with people of different culture
- Can travel for business, even at short notice
- Can work under pressure of time
- Able to handle several tasks at the same time
- Can work in front of customer representing NSDC
- Dynamic and Creative
- Challenges the norm to seek ways to add value
- Business acumen
- Possesses and actively uses consulting skills
- Understanding of PRINCE2/ PMI project governance methods would be a plus